Out of all the benefits of home ownership, something that isn't so glorious is having to pay for extensive remodeling projects, such as re-roofing or roof replacement. And, when it comes to making more significant decisions about your home, it's essential to ensure that you're partnered with a trusted company that you can count on to give you honest advice. In this blog, we're going to discuss the difference between re-roofing and roof replacement and why you should know the difference.
But, before we give out all of this information, we thought you might want to know a little bit more about us. For over 50 years, Amos Exteriors has been a leading roofing company in Indianapolis, offering our clients a wide range of solutions. Constantly putting out customers' needs first, we've even earned a handful of awards like an A+ rating from the BBB, GAF certification, an Angie's List Super Service Award, and more.
What is Re-Roofing?
Re-roofing refers to a service in which new shingles are laid on top of your old shingles. Instead of having to rip up the old roof, a new one is just laid on top. More often than not, this service will be a lot quicker and more streamlined than a full-blown roof replacement. Here are a few other pros of re-roofing:
- Re-roofing is cheaper than roof replacement.
- Re-roofing is fast and utilizes your current roof.
How about the cons? Indeed there have to be a few...
- Re-Roofing can only be done if you currently have one layer of shingles on your roof.
- If you have space with missing shingles, re-roofing is not an option.
- Re-roofing is a temporary fix that won't last as long as a roof replacement will
What is Roof Replacement?
Roof replacement entails installing a new roof on top of your home. When you have a roof replacement, it's because your roof has either suffered massive amounts of damage from falling debris or has just reached that point where it needs to be replaced. To properly replace your roof, the roofing contractor will trip all the old shingles from your home and make room for new ones. Here are a few benefits of roof replacement:
- It's more permanent and will last your home for about 25 years.
- It addresses the problems that you have with your roof instead of just covering them up.
Here are a few of the cons:
- Roof replacement will be more expensive than re-roofing.
- Roof Replacement will take longer.
Call Our Expert Team Today
When preparing for large renovation projects to be done to your home, it's essential to ensure that you're gaining valuable information along the way. For example, you need to know which service is the proper fit for your home. If you have a question about whether your home needs re-roofing or roof replacement, give Amos Exteriors a call—we'd love to come to check it out for you.
Subscribe to Amos Exteriors's Blog