8 Signs Your Siding Needs Replacing
Whether you are looking to update the look of your home or you have noticed damaged siding, replacing your siding will eventually need to happen. Here are 8 reasons why you might have to replace your siding sooner rather than later:
- The most visible sign your siding needs to be replaced is the presence of cracks, holes, or peeling. These flaws are not only aesthetically unappealing but can also be an indication of a much greater structural problem. More often than not small holes are caused by insects, such as termites, carpenter ants, and other pests. The holes that they create then allow rain and moisture to get in and this causes water damage. Vinyl siding is a great option for those who are looking to avoid insect infestation and the myriad of issues associated with them.
- High electric bills. If your heating and cooling bills are much higher than neighboring similar homes, this may be a sign that something is wrong with the siding. If you notice a draft near a window, this may mean that the property is not properly insulated and the siding and walls are not doing an adequate job of retaining the desired temperature.
- When siding panels begin to bulge and warp, this is an indication that moisture has gotten into the siding and you need to replace your siding immediately. Not only is the siding not doing its job at this point, but it can also be fostering an even greater problem.
- The growth of mold, mildew, and fungus are signs that moisture has gotten into the siding and it needs to be replaced quickly before the problem gets worse.
- When bubbles appear on the siding, this usually means that water has seeped in behind the siding and should get remitted immediately.
- You see dry rot which starts on the inside and moves to the outside. The way to find dry rot is by tapping on the siding with a screwdriver if it moves easily or is soft the siding needs replacing.
- Paint both on the inside of a home and the outside is a great indicator of the health of the home’s siding. If the paint on the inside or the outside of the home continuously needs replacing, that is a clear sign that there is a major issue and you should have the siding replaced.
- Another occurrence to look out for is nails popping out of the siding. When this happens you know there is an issue that is causing the siding to move, and it needs the urgent attention of a siding professional.
Vinyl siding is a great option for those looking to replace their siding. Vinyl is affordable, extremely durable, and low maintenance. Contact Amos Exteriors for all of your vinyl siding needs.